What personal information do we collect from people?
We will only ever ask you for the minimum information required to deliver a quality service to you, and if you contact us you may be asked to provide:
Some personal information such as name, email address, company details, phone numbers and signature.
Credentials such as your secure file sharing details that will enable us to share, review and send work between you the client and Webification, the provider.
Customers: as a customer we need to collect both contact and billing information from you which allows us to meet our contractual obligations with you. If we invoice you, we will collect an invoice address, email address for your finance function and purchase order numbers, where applicable.
Enquiries: to allow us to provide you with further information about our services, we need to collect contact information from you.
When do we collect information? We collect information from you when you enter information onto the Webification website. If you contact us directly, or by phone, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To create invoices and other contractual documentation as part of providing services to our clients.
- To follow up after correspondence (email or phone enquiries).
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and information in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding our services. However, we do not compile mailing lists or newsletters and you have the right to opt out of future communication if you so wish.
For how long do we retain your data?
Enquiries: When you contact us with an enquiry, we may retain this data for up to 1 year, after which time data will be deleted.
Customers: As a customer of Webification, we are legally obliged to retain your details as part of our standard company record keeping. Webification Ltd. will retain records for 7 years.
How do we protect your information? We take the handling of your personal data very seriously. The Webification website has a valid SSL certificate. This means that when you enter your personal details onto the website there is a secure connection between your computer and our website. You can be certain that our website is served over SSL when you see the padlock in the corner of the web address bar.
Do we share your data with third parties?
We do not sell any of your information.
To enable us to provide a service to you, we do need to share your information with some third parties as described below;
Third party vendors: To provide a service to you, we share your information with third party vendors. We have broken down these vendors into the following categories: Cloud storage, Communication tools including our email provider, Accounting software.
As required by law: this includes our accountant who prepares our legal documents to HMRC’s (the UK tax service’s) requirements, and HMRC may also request specific information. We may disclose information about you in response to a court order, or other governmental request.
What would happen if there were a Data Breach?
If a data breach were to occur, we would follow this procedure:
- Notify the affected parties as soon as possible.
- Fix the issue that lead to the breach.
- Produce a post-mortem of the incident detailing what went wrong and what we did to fix it.
- How we are going to protect against something similar happening in the future.
- To comply with GDPR regulations, in the event of a data breach, we are obliged to inform the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) with 72 hours of the breach.
Under GDPR, you have the right to view, amend, or delete the personally identifiable information that we hold about you. If you have any questions regarding this policy or would like to make a request to access or amend your personal data, you may contact us via telephone or in writing at:
- Webification Ltd, 125 Main Street, Garforth, Leeds. LS25 1AF. United Kingdom
- Tel: 07792 244704
- Email: email@example.com
Updated May 2018